Connect with us

Sports

WWE star, Sonya Deville targeted by an obsessed fan in terrifying kidnapping plot at her home (photos)

Published

on

An obsessed fan has been arrested on a kidnapping charge at the home of WWE star, Sonya Deville.

 

The obsessed fan, Phillip A. Thomas was arrested on Sunday, August 16, and charged with three felonies, attempted armed kidnapping, armed burglary, and aggravated stalking at Deville’s home in Lutz, Florida, according to police.

 

Thomas is also being charged with misdemeanor criminal mischief and is being held without bond.

 

WWE star, Sonya Deville targeted by an obsessed fan in terrifying kidnapping plot at her home (photos)

 

The Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office said the 24-year-old who had been planning his move for a long time. .

 

Sheriff Chad Chronister said Thomas stalked the alleged victim “on social media for years.”

 

According to a Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office news release, Thomas entered the home at 2:43 a.m. ET Sunday through a back sliding-glass door after the wristler went to bed.

The entry set off a house alarm, which alerted Deville that there was an intruder. She fled the home with her guest and then called 911 to report the break-in at her home.

When Police arrived at the scene, they found Thomas inside the residence carrying a knife, plastic zip ties, duct tape, mace, and “other personal items,” according to the release.

The release said Thomas cut a hole in a patio screen earlier in the night and remained there for three to four hours, watching and listening to what was happening inside the home through the windows.

WWE star, Sonya Deville targeted by an obsessed fan in terrifying kidnapping plot at her home (photos)

Thomas went to Florida from his home in South Carolina, telling deputies that he planned to take the homeowner hostage, according to the release.

“Our deputies are unveiling the suspect’s disturbing obsession with this homeowner who he had never met, but stalked on social media for years,” Chronister said in a statement. “It’s frightening to think of all the ways this incident could have played out had the home alarm not gone off and alerted the homeowner of an intruder. Our deputies arrived within minutes and arrested this man who was clearly on a mission to inflict harm.”

Deville took to social media on Monday August 18, to address the incident, saying it was a “very frightening experience but thankfully everyone is safe.”

‘Thank you everyone for your love and concern. A very frightening experience but thankfully everyone is safe. A special thank you to Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office for their response and assistance.’  she wrote

Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Sports

Messi slams Barcelona over Suarez exit

Published

on

Lionel Messi was emotionally unstable over the sale of his mate. The Barcelona captain bid an emotional farewell on Friday to Luis Suarez.

“Today I went into the dressing room and the awful truth hit me,” Messi posted on Instagram, before renewing his criticism of club management.

“You deserved to be sent off as what you are: one of the most important players in the history of the club,” Messi wrote. “And not to be fired in the way they did it.”

“The truth is that at this point nothing surprises me anymore.”

Messi has a long-running feud with club president Josep Maria Bartomeu which intensified after Barcelona were humiliated 8-2 by Bayern in a Champions League quarter-final in August.

Messi tried to force his exit from Barcelona but finally accepted that he would have to see out the final year of his contract. Meanwhile, two of his closest friends on the team, Suarez and the Chilean Arturo Vidal have left.

The 33-year-old Suarez moves to Atletico on a two-year contract on a free transfer, although, if he does well, Barcelona could receive some money.

Suarez, who hit 198 goals for Barca, becoming the third-highest goalscorer in the history of the club, cried as he bid an impromptu farewell to the club on Thursday.

“I’m going to keep playing, with fresh motivation, with the objective to show I can continue competing,” Suarez said.

“Everyone knows the relationship we have, Leo and me. I’ve already played against him in the Uruguay-Argentina matches, playing against each other is not going to change the feelings we have for each other,” Suarez said.

Messi and Suarez were neighbours in the beachside suburb of Castelldefels and would arrive at training together.

“How difficult it is going to be not to continue to share the days with you, both on the pitch and off it” wrote Messi in a post accompanied by seven pictures of the two men together, sometimes with their families. “We are going to miss you very much. It’s been many years, many cups of mate, lunches, dinners…Many things that I will never forget.”

“It’s going to be weird to see you with another shirt and much more to face you,” wrote Messi. “But I wish you all the best in this new challenge. I love you very much, I love you very much. See you soon, my friend.”

Continue Reading

Sports

NFF ignores Finidi, appoints Amoo as Eaglets coach

Published

on

The Nigeria Football Federation has snubbed Finidi George for the coaching role of the national U-17 and appointed Fatai Amoo instead as the national U-17 coach, Updatebaze reports.

Finidi, who won the UEFA Champions League with Dutch side Ajax Amsterdam in 1995, had applied for the U-17 coaching job and was tipped to take over from Manu Garba, who was formerly in charge of the Golden Eaglets.

According to a statement by NFF’s spokesperson, Ademola Olajire, on Friday, Ladan Bosso, returns for a second stint as U-20 coach, after he led the Flying Eagles to Canada 2007 U20 World Cup.

He will be assisted by former Flying Eagles defender Oladuni Oyekale, Jolomi Alli (second assistant), Samaila Keshi (assistant coach/scout) and Suleiman Akanmu (goalkeeper coach).

Amoo will be assisted by Ahmed Dankoli, Nnamdi Onuigbo (second assistant),, Hassan Abdallah (assistant coach/scout), and Danlami Kwasau (goalkeeper coach).

Also, Christopher Danjuma retains his job as the Falconets coach and will be assisted by Moses Aduku, Bilkisu Tijani (second assistant), Charity Nwere Nnedinma (assistant coach/scout) and Audu Yahaya (goalkeeper coach).

The U-17 girls’ crew will be headed by Bankole Olowookere, with Queen Okpa (first assistant coach), Adanna Nwaneri (second assistant), Moroof Nojimu (assistant coach/scout), and Mohammed Abubakar Ndanusa (goalkeeper coach) as assistants.

The U-15 boys’ crew would be led by Haruna Ilerika, who has Bassey Patrick (first assistant), Olubunmi Haruna (second assistant), Mohammed Kachalla (assistant coach/scout), and Baruwa Olatunji (goalkeeper coach) as assistants.

Abdullahi Umar heads the crew for the U-13 boys, with Salisu Ibrahim (first assistant), Bamai Bukar (second assistant coach), Mohammed Kwairanga (third assistant), Ifeanyi Uba (assistant coach/scout) and Abubakar Abdullahi (goalkeeper coach) as assistants.

Meanwhile, the senior women’s team Super Falcon are still without a coach following the departure of Swede Thomas Dennerby last October.

Continue Reading

Sports

Luis Suarez joins Atletico Madrid in €6 million transfer

Published

on

Barcelona has confirmed that star player Luis Suarez, has joined Atletico Madrid after seasons in Camp Nou, which he scored 198 goals in 283 games for the club.

Atletico Madrid confirmed they will pay Barca €6 million (£5.5m/$7m) to sign the Uruguayan.

Suarez was linked with Juventus but abandoned the transfer after he was forced to go through a lengthy process of acquiring Italian citizenship.

While at Barca he won 13 trophies to become the club’s third-highest all-time goalscorer, only topped by Cesar and Leo Messi.

“FC Barcelona and Atletico Madrid have reached an agreement for the transfer of the player Luis Suarez. The Madrid club will pay FC Barcelona €6 million in variables,” the Catalan club announced.

“FC Barcelona would like to publicly express their gratitude to Luis Suarez for his commitment and dedication and wishes him all the best for the future.”

Suarez joined Barcelona in 2014, where he went on to earn the Golden Shoe as Europe’s top scorer after scoring 59 total goals in 2015-16.

After arriving in August, new Barcelona head coach Ronald Koeman told Suarez he would not be in his plans for the upcoming season.

Continue Reading

Trending